Saturday, October 31, 2009

One more reason why we do what we do



On Monday I received a voicemail from my 14 year old daughters elementary school friends grandmother.( Peggy is the grandmother, Imani is my daughters friend.) She said her other granddaughter, Raven, was nominated for high school homecoming queen. Ravens mom is paying for her other son's college at Sac State and she was struggling to get a beautiful dress for Raven for homecoming court. Dawn, one of On Monday I received a voicemail from my 14 year old daughters elementary school friends grandmother.( Peggy is the grandmother, Imani is my daughters friend.)  She said her other granddaughter, Raven, was nominated for high school homecoming queen. Dawn, one of my sales consultants, called Peggy back and told get about some fabulous dresses on our sale rack at $29.99. They discussed Ravens size and style and asked that we send a few pictures over. (grandmother Peggy was not feeling well and couldn't run downtown to the store ). Dawn took a few pictures and I sent them via text. The next morning Ravens mom came to the store. Since her figure was very close to her daughters she tried them on. After 3 or 4 she was certain she found the perfect dress for Raven. Dawn also sold her heels for $30. Jai, Ravens mom was so anxious, praying her daughter would love the dress.
Later that evening I received a text message from the # I had sent the images of dresses to. The text was a picture of Raven in the dress and heels, "she loves it!" the message said.
I then had received a voicemail from the grandmother , teary-eyed, thanking us for such an amazing dress and stating that Raven was so excited she yelled and fell to the floor with excitement! The call brought tears to my eyes.
Friday, 10/30, 9pm, I get another text from the #, "Raven won, my beautiful daughter is senior home-coming queen! Thank you so much for helping us make her day!"
then Raven sent a picture of herself thanking us too.
The gratitude left me speechless.
There is nothing more enjoyable and satisfying then appreciation.
Congratulation Raven, Homecoming Queen, Sierra High class f 2010!
Pictures to be posted soon. I could not figure out how to load them from my iPhone. ?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment